HSBC China Mobile Banking helps you manage your personal account anytime, anywhere. Mobile Banking offers improved user experience, a variety of RMB/foreign currency transfer and remittance services, HSBC Global View and Global Transfer, investment and financial management, credit card services and other functions. It is your professional, safe and convenient financial assistant.
Local and foreign currency transfers and remittance
- Interbank RMB transfer in real time for small amounts with free of charge. No restriction on weekend and holidays
- Use facial recognition to complete safety verification and add new payee account
- Enjoy global transfer and achieve real-time foreign currency cross-border transfers between your accounts.
Investment and wealth management
- Structured Products have diversified structure for investment return. Explore sound investment plans for your demands.
- QDII provides open-ended Offshore Funds/QDII Overseas Bonds across various asset classes, regions and currencies to capture global opportunities.
- Wealth dashboard clearly presents real-time income from investment and changes on assets.
Foreign Exchange services
Use real-time foreign exchange, and provide Foreign Exchange solutions with competitive exchange rates. Applying foreign exchange on digital channels can enjoy extra discount.
Credit card services (in Chinese only)
Full services of credit cards are on Mobile Banking. Brand new interface, friendly user experience, easy registration process & one-stop services are tailor made for credit card customers.
Online smart agent – Xiao Feng
If you have any questions or want to know more about our services and products, you can contact our smart agent “Xiao Feng”. It will provide 7x24 online services for you.
Download our HSBC China mobile banking APP to enjoy the following services!
Basic account services
Logon HSBC mobile banking and enjoy below account services, details please refer to the information on each service page:
- Card replacement (debit cards that have been damaged or reported for loss)
- Upgrade qualified Advance account to Premier account
- Book We Doctor health management services on Health Hub (exclusive to Premier Family account holders)
Online service functions - smart agent Xiao Feng and live chat
If you have any questions or wish to know more about our products and services, click on the online customer service icon at the top right of our service landing pages, or select ‘Customer service’ under the ‘Me’ page.
Our smart agent Xiao Feng will provide 24/7 online services for you. The live chat function, which connects you with our professional staff, will also be available from 9am to 9pm every day, where we'll assist you with services related to our offers, account enquires, branch appointments, appointments for cash withdrawals (large amount / foreign currency) over the counter, lost cards, credit card points and many more.
Online reactivation for dormant/inactive accounts
If you find your account is dormant or inactive, log on to the HSBC China Mobile Banking app and click on 'Quick actions' on the 'Home' screen, select 'More', then choose 'Local accounts' to reactivate the relevant account online*.
* If you're facing one of the following situations, you'll need to visit one of our branches with your passport or ID card to reactivate your accounts. Otherwise, you can also reactivate your accounts conveniently online.
- You don't have any active account with us, but you're holding at least one dormant account, and you've changed your mobile phone number within the last 60 days
- All accounts you are holding are inactive accounts
Managing your payees
To manage your payees, you can log on to the HSBC China Mobile Banking app and tap on 'Home', followed by 'Quick actions', 'CNY transfers', 'Transfer settings' and select the 'My payee' option.
Interbank transfer in real time for small amount of money
HSBC China has joined in “Electronic Banking Payment System” and mobile banking is now supporting real-time interbank transfer for small amounts in order to provide you more convenient transfer inward and outward services. Interbank RMB real-time transfer for no higher than RMB50,000 will have free of charge and will not be restricted by weekend and holidays (except system or clearing maintenance). What’s more, simplified transfer information allow you to select bank name directly from bank list (within the same “Electronic Banking Payment System”). When transferring inward, you can now input either HSBC China card number or account number to easily complete transfer request.
Make RMB transfers with your mobile phone number
Thanks to the new feature in EBPS, HSBC China mobile banking now supports the mobile phone number RMB transfer in a safe, stable, and effective way. You’ll only need the mobile phone number and the name registered with the bank to either make payment or receive money. You don’t need to type in long account or card numbers that are difficult to remember.
- Users can arrange for money transfers using their mobile phone numbers across all bank accounts registered for this function ( on the condition that the account holding banks support this function).
- Only Mainland China residents and Mainland China phone numbers will be able to collect money using a registered mobile phone number. The HSBC junior account does not support money transfers and collections using mobile phone numbers.
- The daily transfer limit is set at RMB10, 000, and this amount will be shared with the daily transfer limit to third party.
To receive money via mobile numbers, you can log on to the HSBC China Mobile Banking app, go to 'Home' page, look for 'Quick actions', select 'Transfer settings', then choose 'Mobile number receiving settings'.
To make mobile number transfer: Log On HSBC China Mobile Phone Banking-> CNY Transfer->Mobile Number Transfer
Blocking your debit card
If your debit card is lost or stolen, you can block it any time via mobile banking to protect yourself against unauthorised transactions. To do that, log on to the HSBC China Mobile Banking app, go to the 'Me' page and choose the card you wish to block using the 'Card & Account settings' option. The selected card transactions will temporarily be blocked within the time period you've set.
*The card blocking function only applies to your current debit card, and will not affect any of your accounts.
- You can choose to lock 4 kinds of transactions : Payments with card, payments without card, ATM transactions, and overseas transactions
- If you wish to unblock your card, go into settings to switch off the block function after completing an SMS verification
Manage your daily transfer limits
Besides using online banking, you can now log on to the HSBC China Mobile Banking app to manage your daily transfer limits. You'll be able to choose the 'Transfers to my HSBC accounts' and /or 'Transfer to third party predesignated/non-predesignated payee' options.
To manage your daily transfer limits, go to the 'Me‘ page, look for 'Card & Account settings' to choose one account you need to adjust the transfer limit, and select 'Daily Transfer Limits Setting' to set up the limit.
Note that you can only lower transfer limits via mobile banking. If you need to increase transfer limits, you'll need to head to the nearest branch.
HSBC “Step-up” Time Deposit online purchase
Want to have higher interest rate than that of HSBC’s board rate, but also want to early withdrawal? Go and purchase HSBC “Step-up”Time Deposit on HSBC China mobile banking with easy steps. Having additional interest on the Top-up Amount for each term, more flexibility in interest settlement and minimum loss on early withdrawal, HSBC “Step-up” Time Deposit will be a good choice for your sound investment plan.
Click on “Time Deposits" on “Home” page to find the list of various HSBC “Step-up” Time Deposit products. You can go to “RMB Time Deposit Special Offer”page to know more about product information.
View and redeem your debit card points
If you are a debit card customer, you can earn HSBC Community Reward Points by using your card or participating in activities, and redeem points for a variety of gifts and benefits.
If you have both debit and credit cards, you can earn 2 types of points, and redeem both set of points at the same time to enjoy more fabulous gifts and offers (terms and conditions apply).
You can go to any of these 3 pages - 'Home', 'Credit cards' or 'Me' - , and select 'My points' to track the status of your points, and learn more about our latest offers and exclusive privileges.
Track home mortgage loan application process
You can easily track your home mortgage loan application process on HSBC China mobile banking, understand application status in time & support you to make “property dream" early come true.
If you'd like to add a new payee account to your mobile banking app, you can use facial recognition to complete the safety verification process without using your Security Device. You'll also be able to make transfers totalling up to RMB50,000 per day.
After reading and acknowledging the facial recognition authorisation letter, simply follow the on-screen instructions for verification, and you'll receive a one-time password (OTP) via SMS (see below) to complete the whole process.
To use facial recognition, position your face in front of your device and make sure there isn't anything covering the camera and your face.
3rd party payment with password & SMS as authentication for small amount transfers.
On our mobile banking, if you want to transfer RMB to other people and the daily accumulated amount is no higher than RMB50,000, you can use "log-on password" along with “SMS verification code” as authentication. If your RMB daily accumulated transfer amount is higher than RMB50,000, you still need your token to complete the transfers.
Credit card services
Make an appointment
Leave your contact details with us and we’ll be in touch in 1-2 business days
Download our APP
To protect the privacy of your accounts, we will set up a Phone Banking Account (PBN) and a Phone Banking Password (PIN) for you. You can only log on to the Phone Banking account by using the correct PBN and PIN codes. We keep you more safe and secure on your Phone Banking experience.
Other banking services
Follow the HSBC China WeChat Service Account for account enquiries, time deposits and transfers. See the latest HSBC activities and contact us anytime, anywhere.
Personal Internet Banking
Quick and simple, Personal Internet Banking puts you in control of your accounts at all times.
Visit your local HSBC branch where our friendly staff will be happy to help you.
Frequently asked questions
How can I download the Mobile Banking app?
How can I use the Mobile Banking app?
How do I register for Personal Internet Banking?
- Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Baidu APP is a trademark of Baidu Inc.
*You will leave hsbc.com.cn by clicking non-HSBC links. Those links may allow you to access other websites. Please read the linked websites' terms and conditions. HSBC has no control over non-HSBC websites and is not liable for your use of them.