Expand your investment options to the Greater Bay Area
- 24/7 digital access to HSBC GBA Wealth Connect
- Access to GBA Wealth Management Connect Centres across the GBA regions
- Complete the Southbound eligibility checking easily online, and open an Hong Kong investment account via attestation service at GBA 9 cities without visiting any HK branches, you can also visit HK branches for Hong Kong investment account application.
- Apply for our Northbound service and bundle both Hong Kong CNY Remittance Account and HBCN CNY Settlement Account without visiting any branches in mainland China (only for clients who hold a HBCN Type 1 account)
How to open an HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Account
- How to open an HSBC GBA Southbound Wealth Management Connect Account
- How to open an HSBC GBA Northbound Wealth Management Connect Account
Step 1: Book an appointment with an HSBC China branch in any Greater Bay Area (GBA) city to open a dedicated remittance account (CNY Settlement Account Type I) for Southbound services.
Note: If you already have a CNY Settlement Account Type I with HSBC China, you can skip ahead to step 2.
Want to learn more about HSBC GBA Southbound Wealth Management Connect Services? Contact us by making an appointment.
Not yet an HSBC China customer? Scan below QR code to experience smart account opening.
Already an HSBC China customer? Contact your relationship manager or call us at 400-920-3827 to find out more.
Step 2: Submit your eligibility documents online, then bring the original copies with you for verification at any HSBC China branch in the GBA cities.
Both new and existing HSBC China customers can upload these documents via the HSBC China Mobile Banking app. To do so, select 'Quick actions', then 'GBA Wealth Connect'.
Once you've passed the online review, visit any HSBC China branch in the GBA cities. Bring the original copies of your eligibility documents so we can verify your personal information and confirm your eligibility.
- ID Card
- Household registration in any 9 mainland GBA cities or have paid social security or personal income tax for five consecutive years in any 9 mainland GBA cities
- Your household registration address page should show one of the 9 mainland cities
- Your social security records should span five consecutive years within any of the 9 mainland cities and must be provided by the official Social Security Bureau
- Your personal income tax payment records should span five consecutive years within any of the 9 mainland cities and must be provided by the official Tax Bureau
- Investment proofs for two years and above:
Accepted document types: Written transaction records provided by financial institutions. For example, bank account statement, transaction confirmation statement, asset proof certification, investment product contract, etc. Proof documents should include your full name or other information that can proof you are the person who makes the transaction. Documents should also include purchase and transaction date.
Accepted Investment Product Types: Stocks, bonds, funds, asset management plan, bank financial products (including all investment products from HSBC), Trust, futures and other financial derivatives (except savings, money funds and investment related/non-investment related insurance products).
- Minimum balance requirement on family financial (net) asset proof for past three months:
Accepted document types: bank statement, certificate of deposit or other financial assets proofs for wealth management, funds, bonds, stocks, trust, asset management plan, insurance, futures and other financial derivatives issued by financial institutions. If you use financial assets in our bank as full or part financial asset proof, system screenshot from our bank is accepted.
If your financial asset proof includes asset proof from you and your spouse, you need to provide relationship evidence.
If the family financial asset is below RMB 2 million, you need to provide your and your spouse (if any) personal credit report within one month which issued by Credit Reference Center, The People's Bank of China. The personal credit report from your spouse is also required if the family financial asset proof you provide also includes asset proof from your spouse. The amount that your total family financial asset minus total liability from your and your spouse personal credit reports should be no less than RMB 1 million.
Step 3: Visit an HSBC China GBA Wealth Management Connect Centre and apply for an HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Investment Account via our attestation services. Alternatively, you can visit an HSBC Hong Kong branch in person to open an account.
If you choose to apply via our attestation services at a branch:
- but you haven't opened a CNY Settlement Account Type I with HSBC china yet – once we've verified your eligibility, you'll need to open an HSBC China account and set it as your designated remittance account for GBA Wealth Management Connect services
- and you're already an existing customer who holds a CNY Settlement Account Type I – you can set it as your designated remittance account for GBA Wealth Management Connect services right away
Your application will then be submitted to HSBC Hong Kong. Our HSBC Hong Kong colleagues will call you back to confirm your application, help you to open an investment account and pair it with your CNY Settlement Account Type I account.
How to open an HSBC GBA Southbound Wealth Management Connect Account
How to open an HSBC GBA Northbound Wealth Management Connect Account
Make an appointment
Leave your contact details with us and we'll be in touch in 1-2 business days.
400-920-3827 (24H, Mon - Sun)
If you are calling from overseas, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR or Taiwan, please use the country code for mainland China: +86
GBA Wealth Management Connect Centres
Online banking guide
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Note: For more information, please visit our partner banks' website.
Forms and Documents
Please download to view
Risk Disclosure and Disclaimer
This page is for information only. All services provided by HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited (the "Bank") are subject to the prevailing applicable terms and conditions, and prevailing applicable laws and regulations in relation to the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Pilot Scheme in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area ("GBA Wealth Connect Scheme"). In case of any discrepancies or inconsistencies between the information from this page and the applicable terms and conditions, laws and regulations, the latter shall apply and prevail. This page and any information or advertisements made available to you are not intended to provide investment advice and do not constitute a solicitation or recommendation for the making of any deposit or investment or subscribing for any service. Such information is subject to change without notice. Applicable laws and regulations in relation to the GBA Wealth Connect Scheme may change from time to time. Investment is not equal to deposit.
Please be aware of the risks associated with the product and make prudent investment decisions.
We’d like to invite you to take a short survey to share your online experience in using our website. It’ll take less than 3 minutes to complete, and it would be extremely helpful for us to improve our website services.