Attentive and preferential treatment
One-stop solution for local and foreign currency accounts
Greater convenience for cash withdrawals in China and overseas
Free and flexible management of funds
- Attentive and preferential treatmentEnjoy discounts on shopping and dining as well as other privileges with your HSBC Advance Debit Card. There are no transaction fees on cash withdrawals at HSBC China ATMs and no annual fee.
- Greater convenience for cash withdrawals in China and abroad
Inside China, you can withdraw RMB from your RMB account through HSBC China ATMs or from your RMB primary account through UnionPay network ATMs.
Outside China, you can withdraw the local currency through UnionPay network ATMs from the RMB primary account linked to your card, or through HSBC ATMs from your foreign currency account linked to your card (if you have already opened a foreign currency account and linked it to your debit card, except for Taiwan area).
- One-stop solution for local and foreign currency accountsLink up to three local accounts. The primary account should be an RMB settlement account and the two supplementary accounts can be either RMB or foreign currency accounts. You can adjust the supplementary accounts whenever you want according to your needs.
- Free and flexible management of funds
Say goodbye to a bulging wallet full of cash. You can use your HSBC Debit Card at millions of domestic and overseas payment terminals affiliated to the UnionPay network.
Make online payments conveniently with your HSBC Debit Card via UnionPay. You can pay for online purchases around the world, including utility expenses, mobile phone bills, credit card debt, transportation, business trips and charitale donations.
You can also apply to be an HSBC Premier customer to enjoy international recognition and privileges, plus exclusive international and domestic value-added services and many other offers.
For new customers to HSBC China (if you do not have any accounts with HSBC China)
1. Fill in the following forms for both RMB settlement account opening and debit card application:
2. Apply at a branch with the completed forms. You will also need to bring the following:
- Valid identification document (original)
- Former name/alias proof (if applicable, original)
- Proof of residential address (and permanent address if different)
- Other documents required by the bank
3. The debit card and PIN will be given to you once the application is successfully completed.
For existing customers of HSBC China (if you have at least one personal account with HSBC China)
1. Fill in the following form*
2. Apply at our branch with the completed forms. You will also need to bring a valid identification document (original).
3. Your debit card will be sent to the correspondence address held by the bank within approximately 10 working days (subject to postal delivery time) after your application.
4. Please bring your debit card, card mailer and valid identification document (original) to the same branch where you applied for your debit card to collect your PIN.
* If you don’t have an RMB settlement account with our bank, please open it first according to the account opening process.
Tariff table (Unit: RMB)
HSBC Advance Debit Card
(for Advance customer)
|New card replacement
|Balance enquiry (in and outside China)
|Intra-province HSBC China ATMs
|Intra-province other bank ATMs
|Inter-province HSBC China ATMs
|Inter-province other bank ATMs
RMB2+1% of withdrawal amount
(1% part min: RMB1, max: RMB50)
|Overseas HSBC Group ATMs
||RMB20 or equivalent+1% of withdrawal amount
|Overseas China UnionPay ATMs
||RMB20 or equivalent+1% of withdrawal amount
- ‘Intra-province’ means the transaction place and the branch of the primary account are in the same province (or municipality).
- ‘Inter-province’ means the transaction place and the branch of the primary account are not in the same province (or municipality).
- Surcharges may be charged by the acquiring bank for cash withdrawal at some ATMs outside mainland China. For specific charging standards, please refer to the information shown on local ATM screen or contact the acquiring bank.
- The withdrawal amount and the service fee will be debited from your withdrawal account once. The service fee for fund transfer from Multicurrency Notes Savings to Multicurrency Exchange Savings through HSBC Advance Debit Card, which is 1% of the fund transfer amount, will also be debited from the corresponding account once
*Special offer: Until 31 December 2019, HSBC Advance Debit Card holders won’t pay a service fee when they make cash withdrawals at intra-province (including municipality) ATMs operated by other banks.
Payment & Security
UnionPay Online Payment
Make online payments conveniently with your HSBC Debit Card via UnionPay. You can pay for online purchases around the world, including utility expenses, mobile phone bills, credit card debt, transportation, business trips and charitable donations.
HSBC Bank (China) Co., Ltd. provides a new mobile payment solution for HSBC China debit card holders to support Apple Pay services enabling secure and fast payments.
Permier Debit Card
Enjoy a Premier experience with our dedicated and personalised support.
HSBC China offers you a wide range of quality savings accounts and time deposit products and services, empowering you to accumulate and manage your wealth with ease.
At HSBC, we'd never claim to play a starring role in your successes, but we're here to support them in every way we can.
Frequently asked questions
What are the specific functions of an HSBC Debit Card?
Is there a POS spending limit for HSBC Debit Cards?
How can I withdraw cash from the account I designated?
Can I change the accounts linked to the debit card?
What should I do if I lose my debit card?
Unless otherwise specified, 'HSBC Debit Card' refers to all debit cards issued by HSBC China (ie HSBC Premier Debit Card, HSBC Advance Debit Card and other types of debit card issued by HSBC China).
The above content is for reference only. For more details, please refer to the Debit Card Terms and Conditions issued by HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited.
*You will leave hsbc.com.cn by clicking non-HSBC links. Those links may allow you to access other websites. Please read the linked websites' terms and conditions. HSBC has no control over non-HSBC websites and is not liable for your use of them.