Overseas Investment Plan (launched by HSBC China)
Overseas Investment Plan trading platform
- Pick your products according to companies, fund categories, product risk level and Morningstar ratings
- Check your fund's performance
- Compare multiple funds
- Make subscriptions, redemptions, and switch via your online banking and WeChat platforms
View my investment portfolio
- Log on to Personal Internet Banking and click "Wealth Dashboard" or check "My holdings" via Mobile Banking/your WeChat Service Account
- Check the performance, annual returns and holdings of your investment products
- Review your investment portfolio to ensure your assets are optimally allocated according to your wealth strategy
Read our take on the global markets to receive exclusive analysis and insights
One Sentence Builder (Chinese only)
Pick the product(s) you like among our suite of investment products, all in just a few simple steps
You may subscribe, redeem or switch the relevant Overseas Investment Plan products via HSBC China Mobile Banking App, Personal Internet Banking and WeChat Service account online trading platform or at any of our branches.
Scan the QR code to download the HSBC China Mobile Banking App
Register/Log on to Personal Internet Banking
Scan the QR code to follow our official WeChat Service Account
Please dial the country code of mainland China +86 if you are calling from overseas, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, or Taiwan
The subscription and redemption rate is charged according to the type of QDII fund you applied.
- Service charges for subscribing to a financial plan
We will adjust the subscription fee of any financial products relevant to a QDII bond according to its remaining tenor or yield to maturity. For a subscription, the fee charged will be between 0.4% and 2.4% of the subscription amount corresponding to the remaining tenor of the QDII on the day of subscription. The subscription fee will be listed in the subscription application form. The service charge is included in the price of subscription so there is no extra payment.
- Service charge for financial plan redemption
We will adjust the service charge of the financial plan redemption according to the remaining tenor of QDII from time to time. The redemption charge will be reduced as the tenor declines. When you redeem a financial plan, the applied redemption fee will be charged between 0.25% and 0.75% of the redemption value corresponding to the remaining privileges of the QDII bond on application day. The redemption charge will be listed in the application form. This charge is already included in the price of financial plan redemption and there is no extra payment.
- Other service charges
In other cases (including coupon rate payment, redemption on maturity, redemption of the Bank, or redemption due to the early redemption of the QDII bonds), we will not charge any extra fees.
Service charge and fees
Frequently asked questions
Capture global opportunities and explore sound investment plans with Structured Deposits launched by HSBC China
Risk Disclosure and Disclaimer
1. The Investment Plan is an open-end and publicly offered investment product, which is non-capital protected with floating return. Neither capital nor return is guaranteed. You may suffer substantial loss of capital. You should fully understand the investment risk and act prudently in making the investment decision. The Investment Plan has significant difference from traditional deposits, and involves investment risk. Investor may suffer capital loss upon redemption and the redemption proceeds could even be zero.You should fully understand the investment risk and act prudently in making the investment decision. The Investment Plan has significant difference from traditional deposits, and involves investment risk.
- Return risk: This financial plan is not equivalent to traditional deposits and involves floating returns. The Bank does not provide any guarantee or promise on the return of the investment plan. The investment plan does not guarantee a return higher than other investments or deposit products, and the return may be zero.
- Credit risk: Under this plan, the investor is responsible for the credit risk of the Bank, overseas fund manager, overseas fund investment adviser, overseas bond issuer and overseas bond guarantor (if applicable), custodian bank, overseas custodian bank and overseas counter party.
- Overseas investment risk: Not with standing the fact that investors do not directly invest in or hold overseas funds/bonds issued by overseas issuers, but rather subscribe the investment plan issued by the Bank, all the risks associated with the Bank's investment in the overseas funds/bonds will be passed onto investors as the overseas funds/bonds issued by overseas issuers are the Bank's investment targets under this plan.
- Exchange risks: If the investment currency is not your base currency, and you choose to convert to other currency for the purpose of subscribing to this investment plan and/or you choose to convert the principal investment and return (if any) back to your base currency, your actual investment result could be affected positively or negatively due to exchange rate fluctuations. The exchange rate fluctuations might cause positive or negative effects. In the worst case scenario, the investor might gain a zero return due to the exchange rate fluctuations, and lose the 100% of the principal.
- Principal Risk: This plan does not provide capital protection. Investors may suffer redemption of the principal loss, the redemption amount may even be zero, that is, the loss of all principal capital.
The above list only covers part of the risks involved in the financial plan. Please refer to the "Risk Disclosure" to fully understand all details of the risk factors involved in this financial plan.
2. The information shown in this website does not constitute any contract value, and should not be regarded as any offer, solicitation or recommendation to conduct any investment, subscriptions or purchase of any products. If you plan to make any investment or subscription, please ask for relevant legal documents from the Bank. All rights and obligations relating to any specific products will be subject to the legal documents.