Sixth consecutive win for HSBC China! We’ve been named 'International Retail Bank of the Year' at the 2022 Asian Banking and Finance Awards.
Whether you're skiing the snow-capped Alps, viewing the cherry blossoms in Japan or diving the Great Barrier Reef, you'll get the most out of your travels with our comprehensive financial services.
Are you ready for your departure?
- Exchange foreign currency
- Insurance coverage for you and your family
- Prepare travel-related certificates
Exchange foreign currency
- Competitive exchange rates for up to 10 key foreign currencies, including USD, EUR, HKD, JPY, GBP, AUD, SGD, CAD and NZD.
- Easy access to e-Banking services via Personal Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and WeChat Banking.
- Professional solutions to meet all your FX needs, including Personal Foreign Exchange, Foreign Currency Deposits, Dual Currency Investment and Enhanced Yield Investment.
Insurance coverage for you and your family
Explore the world with confidence, knowing our travel insurance has you and your family fully covered.
We offer flexible health insurance plans to ensure you and your family are covered while overseas. No matter where life takes you and your family, we have you covered.
Prepare travel-related certificates
- Frozen Deposit Certificates: Our global presence will help facilitate your visa application.
- Overseas Travel Deposit Certificates:
Financial peace of mind wherever you are.
As a third party, HSBC will supervise and secure your travel deposit.
We will facilitate your visa application and provide a financial guarantee to the travel agency with one single fund.
Earn interest on your deposit while travelling.
We're with you on your global journey
- Use your HSBC Credit Card to enjoy travel benefits throughout your adventure.Apply for an HSBC credit card, such as our co-branded cards with China Eastern Airlines, Qunar, Ctrip and Tongcheng-Elong, to enjoy a wide range of travel privileges and card offers.
Learn more about HSBC credit cards (in Chinese only).
- Emergency support: you can connect to the HSBC China customer service centre and get immediate assistance in Chinese by calling the service hotline at 95366.(Please dial the country code of mainland China +86 (21) if you are calling from overseas, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, or Taiwan. There may be additional charges for international phone calls.)
Make an online appointment
Leave your contact details with us and we'll be in touch in 1-2 business days.
HSBC International Education Financial Services Hotline
(For personal banking services only)
(24H, Mon - Sun)
Please dial the country code of mainland China +86 if you are calling from overseas, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, or Taiwan
Already with HSBC?
Open an overseas* Premier bank account
HSBC Advance customers
Premier customers in other countries/regions
Enjoy Premier privileges with us with no monthly fee.
All the insurance products mentioned above are designed, issued and managed by the relevant insurance companies. HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited, as the insurance agent for distribution of relevant insurance products, is not responsible for any matters in relation to underwriting, policy cancellation, claims and risk management.
The information above is not and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or a solicitation for an offer to buy any financial products or services, and should not be considered as investment advice. If you're interested in purchasing any of these products, please contact us and request the relevant legal documents. Any rights and obligations of the products will be subject to such legal documents. Please pay special attention to those important provisions, such as exclusion liability, surrender charges, cash value and hesitation period.
The information shown on this webpage does not contain any contract value, and should not be regarded as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to conduct any investment, subscriptions or purchase of any products or services. If you plan to make an investment, please ask us for relevant legal documents. Any rights and obligations of the product will be subject to the legal documents. Wealth management is not equal to deposit. Please be aware of the risks associated with the product and make prudent investment decisions.
Foreign exchange risk: If the investment currency is not your base currency, and you choose to convert the investment proceeds back to your base currency, your investment principle may suffer loss due to exchange fluctuations.