Do you need a Personal Loan?
Whatever your goal, an HSBC China Personal Loan can help you access the money you need, whenever you need it.
- Preferential interest rates*Monthly rate as low as 0.555%
- FlexibilityCurrencies offered: RMB
No warranty or guarantee required, simply submit the required materials and supporting documents
- Loan tenors up to 5 yearsMultiple loan tenor options (12, 24, 36, 48 or 60 months), with a maximum of 5 years
- Fast pre-approvalPre-approval on eligibility just minutes after pre-application.
- Loans for diverse purposesWe offer loans to meet you and your family's needs, such as home renovation, travelling, weddings, education and other major purchases.
(An HSBC China Personal Loan shall not be used for investment in real estate, stock market, futures market, any equity investment, nor shall it be used for the production and operation of enterprise, or other purposes prohibited by laws and regulations)
- Comprehensive serviceOne-to-one service - our Personal Loan adviser will guide you through the process, ensuring it's hassle-free
- Fast approvalReceive a reply on eligibility within 3 working days after submitting requested documents.
* Preferential interest rate is subject to prevailing rules and regulations as well as the Bank's credit assessment results. For more details, please call our customer service hotline.
Note - Services are provided subject to prevailing regulatory requirements, which may change from time to time. Terms and conditions are subject to the Personal Loan contract between the Bank and the applicant.
How to apply
- PRC citizen holding a second-generation identification card (excluding Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan citizens)
- Aged 22 to 55
- Stable employment with a fixed monthly income (excluding self-employed)
- Proof of your current residential address
(Note: Personal Loan is currently unavailable for applicants as individual business owners, private business owners and freelancers)
- PRC second generation ID card
- Proof of employment: valid employment certificate or receipt of social security payment
- Income proof: full bank account statement, personal income tax payment receipt, social security payment receipt of the latest three consercutive months
- Proof of your current residential address: bank statement(of credit cards for instance) or utility bills of any month within the latest three months
- Submit a pre-application to access your pre-approval reply within minutes
- Visit local branch to submit required materials and supporting documents as requested and file a formal application
- We will review and verify your application and inform you if your application is approved. Please call our customer sercice hotline for more details
You can visit above “Proof of Personal Loan purpose upload page” to submit loan application relevant information as requested and upload the proof of Personal Loan purpose or purchase invoice. In case of any further questions, please refer to your personal loan adviser.
- The loan must be for consumption purposes and shall not be used for investment in real estate, stock market, futures market, any equity investment, nor shall it be used for the production and operation of the enterprise, or other purposes prohibited by laws and regulations. Please be noted, if the loan have been used on any single purchase over RMB 100,000 for antique, calligraphy and painting, arts, high-end jewelry, furniture or any such investment goods instead of daily consumption goods, the Bank would take it as using loan for investment purpose (that is law and regulation prohibited purpose). The proof of Personal Loan purpose (e.g. consumption or merchandise invoice) you submit must be consistent with the loan purpose chosen at the time of application. You shall not change the loan purpose.
- You must submit your proof of loan purpose to the Bank within 3 months after the loan is issued. The requirements for the proof are as following:
- The receipt (photo image) of POS payment directly made from your account in the Bank to the merchant account, together with the corresponding invoice; or certificate (e.g. screen shoot of Internet Bank or photo image of bank statement) of transfer directly made to merchant account, together with the corresponding invoice. The transfer certificate should show transaction time, transaction amount, and merchant name. The POS payment receipt should show transaction time, transaction amount, merchant name, and merchant code. Loan purpose certificates stated amount (the total number) should be no less than 100% of the loan amount.
- If you provide invoice as loan purpose proof, the invoice should be issued to your name or your spouse’s name. If it is to your spouse’s name, you should submit along with a copy of your marriage certificate or household registration booklet as relationship proof. The invoice date should be later than the loan issued date. The invoice amount must be consistent with the loan amount, and the invoice purpose must be consistent with the loan purpose chosen at the time of application.
- You must sign your name on the original invoice or any other loan purpose proofs submitted.
3. The Bank reserves the right to request for additional proof of loan purpose other than above Item2 stated. To avoid ambiguity, this requirement will not waive your obligation to provide proofs stated in above Item2.
HSBC Credit Cards (Chinese Only)
Get an HSBC China Credit Card and enjoy worldwide shopping, entertainment, travel and dining discounts.
Home Mortgage Loan
Our streamlined and personalised financing services can help you to own your dream home.
HSBC Wealth Managemant
HSBC can assist your personal wealth management with tailor-made services, whether you're looking to save for retirement or put funds aside to help provide the best education for your children.
Frequently asked questions
Does HSBC provide Personal Loans in China?
How can I spend my Personal Loan?
What is the loan amount and interest rate for a Personal Loan?
What is the loan tenor for a Personal Loan?
When is the repayment date?
Do I still need to provide proof of loan purpose after I have received the loan?
We will provide preferential interest rate according to the customers’ credit status and our pricing policies, etc, without notice in advance. Please call customer service hotline 400-820-4335 / 021-2053-4335 or our Personal Loan advisers for more information.
According to relevant regulatory and statutory requirements, Personal Loan shall not be used for investment in real estate, stock market, futures market, any equity equity investment, nor shall it be used for the production and operation of the enterprise, or other purposes prohibited by laws and regulations. The Personal Loans can be issued in two ways: consign-paid and self-paid.The loan purpose and verification of the proof of loan purpose is determined by the relevant statutory and regulatory rules and HSBC China's own requirements.
Customers shall use the Personal Loan according to the purpose submitted at the application; the purpose of the loan and the process of use shall comply with the Bank’s regulations. We reserve the right to impose a penalty charge and/or recall the loan.
Approval of Personal Loan is subject to the final review and verification process of HSBC China.