What can we help you with?
Seamless and secure payment of your tuition fees
Quick, easy and safe tuition payment: Carry out your international education payment instructions securely online via the HSBC China Mobile Banking app or the HSBC China WeChat service account. The service is available for major educational institutes in the US, UK, Canada, Australia and Hong Kong SAR.
Make appointments to open your HSBC account abroad
Prepare for opening bank accounts abroad before your departure: We've got a dedicated team to gather information you'll need to open a Premier account abroad. After you or your family arrive at your destination, our staff there will also contact you and arrange for a meeting.
Global transfer services
Quick cross-border transfers via electronic channels: You can make a transfer to your eligible linked international HSBC accounts through our Online Banking platform, using the 'Global Transfer to Self' service. Our 'Global Transfer to Family' service allows you to make transfers for free to HSBC accounts abroad that are held by family members under the same Premier Family account.
Premier Family financial services
Opening a Junior Account: The Junior Account is automatically connected to a child's parents' account and enjoys Premier Family privileges. Under the same Premier Family account, parents can easily initiate global transfers to their children for their international education and living expenses.
5 steps to planning an international education (Chinese Only)
- Learn more about the education systems of popular international education hubs, including the US, UK, Canada and Australia, and arrange your finances accordingly beforehand.
- Check the global ranking and admission criteria of your institutions of choice. Be sure to prepare sufficiently for your language proficiency tests and document submissions.
- Get ready for your studies abroad with a list of essential items, including the HSBC International Education Payment services, personal international education loans and more for the quick and convenient payment of your tuition fees.
- Understanding the cultural and living environment of your international education destination is important. Access your finances from abroad, with support from our global transfers and international services.
- Set your own path clearly, no matter whether you’re returning home or staying abroad for your career. We’ll take care of your wealth for you, no matter which path you choose.
Enquire about personal finance related services
(Applicable to customers who are new to HSBC only)
400-820-3090 ( 8:30-17:30, Mon - Fri )
Global banking service hotline
(For personal banking services only)
400-920-8028 ( 8:30-17:30, Mon - Fri )
Please dial the +86 China country code if you're calling from abroad
Activities and information related to pursuing an international education
HSBC Future Elite Programme (Chinese only)
Leverage on the courses, activities and suite of financial products and wealth management related services offered by the brand new HSBC Future Elite Programme to help your children become the best leaders of the future.
Oxbridge Academic Programmes (Chinese only)
Oxbridge, HSBC's global partner, offers academic summer/winter programmes to students aged 13-18, for an exclusive immersion experience at prestigious schools like Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard.
Planning for your child’s education
Whether your child's just entering school or already getting ready to study abroad, it's never too early to prepare well for their education through regular savings, investments and insurance plans.