Our new Overseas Education Loan will help you realise your dream of an international education for your children.
An HSBC Overseas Education Loan is a unique service we provide to support your child's expenses when studying abroad. No guarantees are required. The loan amount must comply with the tuition or accommodation fee charged by the school.
Loan amount from RMB10,000 to RMB300,000.
- Exclusive preferential interest rates from 6.66%.
Convenient application process:
During school applications: submit your loan application online to get an estimation on the loan amount via our fast pre-approval system, so you can start making financial arrangements to study abroad.
After admission: you can submit all required documents once you've received the notification to pay tuition fees. Once approved, the loan will be deposited directly into the designated school bank account.
- Our customer relationship managers are ready to guide you through the application process. Services are available by appointment.
How to apply
Customer service hotline
(Office hour: 9:00-17:00, Monday - Friday)
Please dial the country code of mainland China +86 if you are calling from overseas, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, or Taiwan
- Our Overseas Education Loan is designed to help cover study-abroad expenses. No guarantees are required
- Applicants with stable income sources are welcome to apply
- Loan period of 1 to 5 years
- Basic documents required include: PRC second-generation ID card, proof of employment, income, and current residential address
- This loan service is currently not available to individual business owners, private entrepreneurs or freelancers
- Now available in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and Shenzhen.
- We'll occasionally launch preferential interest rates and offers. Loan applications, interest rates, loan amount and other terms and conditions are subject to our final approval.
- Additional documents required:
1) Admission confirmation
2) Tuition fee notification
3) Valid passport
4) Valid student visa
5) Individual Foreign Exchange Purchasing application form
6) Outward Overseas Remittance application form
- The above information is intended as a general guide for reference, does not contain any contract value, and should not be regarded as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to conduct any investment, subscriptions or purchase of any products/services. Benefits and features of the services shall be subject to relevant terms and conditions and local regulatory restrictions.
Other products and services
HSBC International Education Payment System
The HSBC International Education Payment System is now available to HSBC China Premier and Advance customers. Pay your tuition fees via the HSBC China mobile banking app or the HSBC China WeChat service account. You can choose to pay from your foreign currency account or renminbi account. The service is available for major educational institutes in the US, UK Canada, Australia, and Hong Kong SAR.
HSBC Premier offers a comprehensive support in global banking, as well as personal and family wealth management services to help you embrace a fuller life.
A full range of insurance products (distributed by HSBC) are provided to satisfy your different needs at various life stages and ensure you and your family a hassle-free future.
Whether your goals be family protection, children's education, retire planning, wealth management or legacy planning, we understand your unique needs and are here to help you find the best customised solution.
If your child is thinking of studying abroad, we can help you plan how they'll manage their money. We've got experts in top academic destinations, including the UK, US, Canada, Australia and Singapore.
HSBC has a strong global network with a team of experts dedicated to meeting your financial needs for work and life overseas. We're here to help you purchase property abroad and settle down with ease.
All the insurance products mentioned above are designed, issued and managed by the relevant insurance companies. HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited, as the insurance agent for distribution of relevant insurance products, is not responsible for any matters in relation to underwriting, policy cancelation, claims and risk management.
The information above is not and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or a solicitation for an offer to buy any financial products or services, and should not be considered as investment advice. If you're interested in purchasing any of these products, please contact us and request for the relevant legal documents. Any rights and obligations of the products will be subject to such legal documents. Please pay special attention to those important provisions such as exclusion liability, surrender charges, cash value and hesitation period, etc.
The information shown on this webpage does not contain any contract value, and should not be regarded as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to conduct any investment, subscriptions or purchase of any products or services. If you plan to make an investment, please ask us for relevant legal documents. Any rights and obligations of the product will be subject to the legal documents. Wealth management is not equal to deposit. Please be aware of the risks associated with the product and make prudent investment decisions.
Foreign exchange risk: If the investment currency is not your base currency, and you choose to convert the investment proceeds back to your base currency, you may suffer loss in your investment principle due to exchange fluctuations.