Risk and reward
Among investment products, typically:
- High-risk investments offer potentially higher returns
- Low-risk investments offer potentially lower returns
Your attitude to risk
Keeping your goals in mind, have you asked yourself the questions below:
- Do I have time to make long-term investments, which would allow me to take greater risks for higher returns?
- Can I afford to lose some of the money I invest in short-term, high-risk investments? Can I manage short-term fluctuations and drops in the value of my holdings by investing for a longer period?
- What risk level can I take while still protecting my children's future?
- Am I fine with potentially low returns if it means my money is safer?
- If I go for safer investments, will the returns be enough to cover inflation?
High risk vs low risk
Everyone has different reasons for saving and often your wealth management goals can be a deciding element in how much risk you're prepared to take with your money.
If you're making a wealth management plan for your children's education, then you might be investing over a long period of time and looking for a high return. As a result, you might prefer a comparatively high-risk investment option.
Should your goal be to purchase a new car, go on holiday or decorate a house, you will be investing for the short term and expecting a guarantee of your investment. Accordingly, you may prefer a low-risk investment option.
More products and information
Global experts' advice to help you capture global investment opportunities and mitigate investment risks to meet your diversified investment and wealth management needs. Our investment products include: Structured products, Dual Currency Investment and Enhanced Yield Investment, Overseas Investment Plan, and Local Unit Trust and Hong Kong Mutual Recognition of Funds.
We take into account your protection needs at various life stages to help you find out suitable insurance plans, leveraging on our ability to offer a one-stop platform for your insurance needs.
In today’s fast-paced financial world, the only way to stay ahead is to be on top of current market events. Tap into our unique market insights and investment analysis to stay informed about the latest trends and regional news with just a few clicks.
Frequently asked questions
What are the basic rules to making investments?
When should I start financial planning for my future? How should I approach financial planning?
Where can I get more information about investment products?
Although the above information is carefully written, the Bank does not warrant, state or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the above information. The above information is not and should not be regarded as an offer or purchase invitation for any financial product, nor should it be viewed as an investment proposal.