If you've built up a large amount of money or have excess cash at the end of every month, the question you might ask yourself is, should I keep the cash or invest it?
- Keeping your cash is a secure choice but inflation may make your money worth less over time.
- When investing, you're using your funds to potentially earn more. Unlike savings, there's no guarantee you will get back your initial investment or a guaranteed return. You may initially suffer a loss. All investments include an element of risk, so it is essential to weigh the risk against the benefits.
You might be interested in investing for different reasons - growing your money, staying ahead of inflation, or securing a larger inheritance for your children. Here’s a quick guide to see whether investing could be right for you.
Investing could be right for you if you're:
- Able to cover any emergencies with cash savings
- Willing to take on some level of risk for a potential reward
- Happy to keep your money locked away in investments for a certain period of time
- Aware of how much risk you're comfortable taking
More products and information
Global experts' advice to help you capture global investment opportunities and mitigate investment risks to meet your diversified investment and wealth management needs. Our investment products include: Structured products, Dual Currency Investment and Enhanced Yield Investment, Overseas Investment Plan, and Local Unit Trust and Hong Kong Mutual Recognition of Funds.
We take into account your protection needs at various life stages to help you find out suitable insurance plans, leveraging on our ability to offer a one-stop platform for your insurance needs.
You could check our insurance partner policies including Health insurance, and Life insurance, and our Online service.
In today’s fast-paced financial world, the only way to stay ahead is to be on top of current market events. Tap into our unique market insights and investment analysis to stay informed about the latest trends and regional news with just a few clicks.
Create your financial plan
Start aiming for your goals today by putting together a plan in a few simple steps.
For general inquiry (RBWM only)
Please dial the country code of mainland China +86 if you are calling from overseas, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, or Taiwan
Frequently asked questions
What are the basic rules to making investments?
When should I start financial planning for my future? How should I approach financial planning?
Where can I get more information about investment products?
Although the above information is carefully written, the bank does not warrant, state or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the above information. The above information is not and should not be regarded as an offer or purchase invitation for any financial product, nor should it be viewed as an investment proposal.