Time Deposits provide multiple deposit tenors and guaranteed returns to help you manage your RMB assets.
- Minimum balance requirement of RMB50
- Six available deposit tenors: 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years and 5 years
How to Apply
Personal Internet Banking
HSBC Premier customers
HSBC Advance customers
Leave your contact details with us and we’ll be in touch in 2 business days
HSBC “Step Up” Time Deposit
HSBC RMB Time Deposit promotion offers bonus interest rate to deliver optimal returns on your investments in managing short and long-term financial goals. The promotion is valid from 4 Mar 2019 to 31 Mar 2019. With this RMB Time Deposit offer, you will enjoy interest rate higher than that of HSBC’s board rate, more flexibility in interest settlement and minimum loss on early withdrawal.
- Interest is payable after each Interest Period. For each relevant term, customers will earn additional interest on the Top-up Amount.
- Get your interest early. Interest can be withdrew or credited into the debiting account to earn interest on interest or used for life expense.
- Minimum loss on early withdrawal and no effect on earned interest
Customers may sign up for this promotion by submitting a completed “HSBC personal term deposit promotion application” at HSBC branch.
1. Tenor 1: 1st- 6th month
1,000,000 * 1.5%/360 * 180 = 7,500
2. Tenor 2: 7th-12th month
1,000,000 * 2%/360 * 180 = 10,000
3. Tenor 3: 13th – 18th month
1,000,000 * 2.5% /360 * 180 = 12,500
4. Tenor 4: 19th – 24th month
1,000,000 * 4%/360 * 180 = 20,000
5. Tenor 5: 25th – 30th month
1,000,000 * 5%/350 * 180 = 25,000
6. Tenor 6: 31th – 36th month
1,000,000 * 6%/360 * 180 = 30,000
Three-year total interest is 105,000, average interest rate (p.a.) is 3.5%.
Products and application
||Single deposit amount
||Interest Rate of Each Cycle
||Support Fully Withdrawal(Y/N)
(1Y TMD Board Rate 1.75%)
(2Y TMD Board Rate 2.25%)
||USD 100 million
* Visit HSBC branch or contact our hotline 400-820-8878 for further information. Please refer to application form of specific deposit offer for final terms and conditions.
* This promotions is exclusive to new fund application. “New fund” means a deposit of funds from outside of HSBC into an Eligible Account, based on the account balance in 31 Jan 2018.
Renminbi Savings Account
Meet your daily financial needs with instant access to your account and earn interest at the same time.
Personal Large-Denomination Certificates of Deposit
Personal Large-Denomination Certificates of Deposit refer to RMB-denominated book-entry large-denomination deposit vouchers issued electronically by HSBC China to an individual customer. Personal Large-Denomination Certificates of Deposit adopt standard terms and a minimum deposit amount, while the interest rate for the issue of Large-Denomination Certificates of Deposit is determined by a market-oriented method.