You don't need to have a high net worth to invest. If you have cash in your account at the end of each month, ask yourself if investing would be a better option instead of letting your money sit idle.
- Leaving your money in your savings account is a very safe option, but inflation will devalue that cash over time.
- Investing, on the other hand, may help you create more wealth with your money. But when you make an investment, your returns cannot be fully guaranteed, or may only be guaranteed to a certain extent. You may even lose some of your capital as all investments come with risks. This is why you must also consider the risks involved even when you do see returns on your investments.
Your interest in investing may be the result of a number of reasons: growing your wealth, dealing with inflation, or preparing an inheritance for your children. Investing may be the right choice for you if:
- You have sufficient cash deposits to cope with any unforeseen circumstances
- You are willing to assume the associated risks to receive expected investment gains
- You're happy to invest your money in investment products without using these funds within a fixed period
- You know your risk appetite well
Want to start growing your wealth but not sure where to start? Leave your contact information and we will call you back within 2 working days.
General enquiry on personal financial related service
Please dial the country code of mainland China +86 if you are calling from overseas, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, or Taiwan
Related products and information
The contents of this article, whether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced or further distributed to any person or entity for any purpose, and must not be distributed to any other jurisdiction where its distribution is unlawful.
The views expressed and the information contained in this article are for general reference only, and are not intended to offer any professional opinion (including but not limited to financial, tax, legal or accounting advice) or investment advice. In addition, the information contained herein has not taken into consideration your investment experience, objective, financial sources and relevant circumstances. You should not regard this article as the bank offering opinions/advice in these areas, or rely on it as the basis of any investment or other decisions. This article does not constitute any advertisement, promotion, recommendation, offer, solicitation of offer or advice for any product or service offered by the bank. The bank is not recommending or soliciting any action based on it.
The bank and HSBC Group make no guarantee, representation or warranty and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the views and information contained in this article including any third party information. Third party information is for your reference only, and shall not be deemed as the bank’s recommendation or endorsement of any views, data or other information contained therein. The views expressed in this article are subject to change without notice.