Products under this Insurance Plan are issued and managed by MetLife Insurance Co., Ltd. HSBC China (the Bank) only serves as the third party sales agent and thus will not assume responsibilities for investment, cashing and risk management of such products.
- Comprehensive care for major and mild illnesses
- Second major illness insurance benefit for more protection
- Medical insurance with value-added services
Summary of cover
- First major illness insurance benefit: 100% basic insurance amount
- Second major illness insurance benefit: 100% basic insurance amount
- Mild illness insurance benefit: 20% basic insurance amount
- Specific illness insurance benefit: 20% basic insurance amount (a specific illness benefit can only receive a first time payment according to insurance policy)
More help when you need it.
When the unexpected happens, this policy can offer you more support with additional benefits.
- Value-added Services
Intimate and comprehensive value-added healthcare services give you more support to let you focus on your recovery.
- Automatic Premium Loan
The insurance company will pay from the cash value of the policy for the premium due at the end of the grace period in order to prevent lapse of the policy.
- Policy Loan
During the insurance period, you may apply for a Policy Loan from the insurance company up to 80% of the policy's cash surrender value.
- The policyholder deliberately kills or injures the insured;
- The insured commits crimes, or resists any compulsory criminal measures that are legally imposed;
- The insured takes or injects drugs by his/her own volition;
- The insured commits drunk driving, drives a motor vehicle without a legitimate and valid driver’s license, or driving permit;
- War, military conflict, riot or armed rebellion;
- The insured is infected with HIV or acquires AIDS (Except for blood transfusion);
- Nuclear explosion, radiation or contamination.
Learn more about the product agreement from below Policy Contract.
Mr Wang, 30 years old, purchased DHKJ Critical Illness Insurance with an insurance amount of RMB 500,000, 10 years payment at the annual premium of RMB 31,440. Total benefit for Mr Wang from day 1 of this policy as below: Mr Wang received Mild Illness Insurance payment of RMB 100,000 when he was suffering from an in situ cancer at the age of 35 years old. At 41 he was unfortunately diagnosed with brain cancer and received the First Time Major Illness Insurance benefit and Specific Illness Insurance benefit of RMB 600,000 in total.At the age of 80, he received a payment of Second Major Illness Insurance benefit of RMB 500,000 when suffering from other major illness.
Information on the insurance company
Profile of the insurance company
Sino-US United MetLife Insurance Company Limited (NYSE: Metlife China) was incorporated as a joint venture company formed by a subsidiary of MetLife, Inc. and Shanghai Alliance Investment Ltd. (SAIL) Supported by the MetLife companies' experience in the insurance industry and SAIL's expertise in the Chinese market, MetLife China is committed to providing trusted and professional insurance solutions to customers in China. MetLife China covers life, health and accident insurance as well as savings products to individuals in over twenty cities all over China through its career agency, bank partners, direct marketing & digital Marketing, Group & Employee Benefit channels. For more information about MetLife China, please visit the company’s website at www.metlife.com.cn.
Contact information of the insurance company
Sino-US United MetLife Insurance Co., Ltd
Central Plaza 15/F,No 227 North Huangpi Road, Shanghai
Service Hotline: 400-818-8168
Frequently asked questions
What is insurance and how is it important to me?
What are the different types of life insurance?
What are the major risks in insurance products?
Is there a minimum premium payment period? Can I ask for an early surrender?
Will my insurance cover terminate immediately if I miss a premium payment?
- The above information is for reference only, does not and should not be deemed as an offer, solicitation, advice, endorsement or recommendation to purchase all or part of the above products, services or security. If you plan to make any purchase of the above products, please ask the Bank for relevant information covering all the rights and obligations. Please pay attention to important regulations regarding excluded liabilities, fees charged from insurance withdrawals, cash values or cooling-off period. All the information relating to the products, the rights and obligations, shall be subject to the product documents.
- The above information is provided by relevant insurance companies. HSBC China (or the Bank) has not participate in the preparation of the above information. Whilst every care has been taken in preparing the information above, the bank makes no guarantee, representation, warranty or assurance as to the accuracy, completeness and/or integrity of the above information.
- All the insurance products mentioned on this site are designated, issued and managed by the relevant insurance companies. The Bank, as an insurance agent for the distribution of the relevant insurance products, does not assume any responsibility for the underwriting, policy cancellation, claims, investments, settlements, payments and/or risk management.
- If there are any discrepancies between the Chinese and English versions on this website, the information contained in the Chinese version will prevail.