Enhanced Yield Investment is a structured financial product with floating returns. By linking to the performance of foreign exchange rates, this offers the potential to earn a higher return, as well as meet your foreign currency investment needs. This product is 100% capital protected at maturity.
The product is launched by HSBC Bank (China).
- Flexible investment tenors
Choose a suitable investment tenor from one to 12 months, whichever suits your needs best.
- Wide selection of currenciesYou can choose one investment currency and one linked currency. Participating currencies include USD, HKD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, NZD, and SGD.
- 100% principal protected at maturityEnhanced Yield Investment is a structured investment product with 100% capital protected at maturity.
No early redemption is allowed for this investment product.
Wealth management is not equal to deposit. Please be aware of the risks associated with the product and make prudent investment decisions.
HSBC Premier customers
HSBC Advance customers
Please dial China country code +86 if you are calling from overseas
Leave your contact details with us and we’ll be in touch in 2 business days
Rate Trigger - Structured Investment Product - Product Risk Level: 1 (Low)
An Enhanced Yield Investment is likely to be suitable for you if satisfy the following conditions (including general individual customer and High-net-worth Customer):
- the investor’s risk tolerance level is “Cautious” or above;
- the investor is classified as Experienced Investor or Non-experienced Investor based on the investor’s general investment experience assessed under the Risk Profile Questionnaire;
- the investor has the relevant knowledge and/or experience of structured investment product; and
- the investor agrees to take related terms and investment risks of this investment product.
* High-net-worth Customer is a commercial banking customer who meets any one of the following conditions:
(A) single subscription equivalent to CNY 1 million or above by a natural person;
(B) when subscribing an investment product, the customer’s personal or family financial net assets totaled more than CNY 1 million, and can provide proof;
(C) the customer’s annual personal income or family income for the last three years exceeds CNY 200,000 or CNY 300,000 respectively, and can provide proof.
How the product works
- Choose an investment tenor from one month to one year to meet your needs
- Choose an investment currency from USD, HKD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, SGD, CHF, and NZD
- Choose a linked FX rate. Your investment currency should be chosen from the base or target currency
- Choose either Call or Put on the Underlying Currency Pair and the preferred Trigger-Out Rate on the Trade Date based on prevailing currency market conditions and your views on the currency market
- The bank observes the market rate at Fixing Time on Fixing Date (the Fixing Rate):
- If the investment hits strike rate, you will receive 100% of your principal and investment return, paid in the investment currency at maturity
- If the investment does not hit strike rate, your will receive 100% of your principal, paid in the investment currency at maturity
It depends on the stipulation of the product contract.
You can also find detailed product information on the code on www.chinawealth.com.cn.
The historical fixing rate will be updated biweekly, and This information is only for a reference and does not represent recommendation from HSBC for customer to buy or sell based on the information provided. Customer should not rely on the information expressed in this document solely to make investment decisions.
A Dual Currency Investment is a structured financial product. By linking to the performance of foreign exchange rates, it offers the opportunities to earn a potential return, as well as meet your foreign currency investment needs. This investment product is a non-capital protected financial product with floating returns.
We offer range of services to meet your foreign exchange needs in a faster and more convenient way.
HSBC Structured Investment products are usually linked to financial assets such as equities, indices, foreign exchange rates or securities. The potential return of Structured Investment products is determined by the performance of the linked financial assets, product portofolio and detailed terms and conditions. Please note that the potential return of the Structured Investments is not a 100% reflecton of the actual performance of the underlying assets.
Product selection is designed to meet your investment goals and risk appetite, providing you with opportunities to earn potential returns and enhance your wealth potential.
An Overseas Investment Plan lets you invest in a diversified selection of funds and bonds, managed by a team of leading fund managers. We help domestic investors take advantage of global market opportunities, allowing you to diversify your risks and expand your global asset allocation.
In today’s fast-paced financial world, the only way to stay ahead is to be on top of current market events. Tap into our unique market insights and investment analysis to stay informed about the latest trends and regional news with just a few clicks.
How to invest
Find your nearest branch
Visit any of our HSBC branches with your valid ID card to register for this sercice.
Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4:00pm (some branches may provide limited weekend service)
Frequently asked questions
What are Structured Investment Products?
What are the potential risks of Foreign Currency Investment Products?
Risk Disclosure and Disclaimer
There is no contractual value in this page and the information above is not and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or a solicitation for an offer to buy any financial product, and should not be considered as investment advice.
The above information is only a brief introduction of the product(s). If you are interested to know more about this product, please contact the Bank and carefully read the product description pack. In the event of any discrepancy, the terms and conditions associated with each product shall prevail.
Wealth management is not equal to deposit. Please be aware of the risks associated with the product and make prudent investment decisions. In the worst scenario, the return of the Enhanced Yield Investment may be zero and you could only get your investment capital back.
Enahnced Yield Investment is designed to be a capital protected investment product with floating return involving investment risks. Only the investment capital will be protected at maturity, while no investment return will be guaranteed. You should fully understand the investment risk and act prudently in making the investment decision.
- Return and Principal Risk: You must recognise the possibility of loss caused by exchange rate fluctuation. Such loss may offset the investment return earned on the investment and may even result in losses in the principal amount of the investment. If you choose Dual Currency Investment (Basic Type), under circumstance of extreme exchange rate fluctuation, the loss may even be the whole principal. If you choose Dual Currency Investment (Partial Capital Protected at Maturity Type), under circumstance of extreme exchange rate fluctuation, you may have no investment return and be paid only 80% principal (i.e. lose 20% the principal invested).
- No Early Redemption by Investors: You are not allowed to redeem all or part of the Dual Currency Investment prior to maturity (inclusive). Please ensure you have made adequate provision for emergency cash needs.
- Foreign Exchange Risk: If the investment currency or the linked currency is not your base currency, and you choose to convert the investment proceeds back to your base currency at maturity, your returns could be affected negatively or positively due to exchange fluctuations. If you have to exchange from other currencies into the investment currency for the purpose of wealth management, there is also foreign exchange risk in this as well.
For further risk information please refer to Product Subscriptino Pack.