Enhanced Yield Investment is a structured deposit product with floating returns. By linking to the performance of foreign exchange rates, this offers the potential to earn a higher return, as well as meet your foreign currency investment needs. This product is 100% capital protected at maturity.
The product is launched by HSBC Bank (China).
- Flexible investment tenorsChoose a suitable investment tenor from one to 12 months, whichever suits your needs best.
- Wide selection of currenciesYou can choose one investment currency and one linked currency. Participating currencies include CNY,USD, HKD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, NZD, and SGD.
- 100% principal protected at maturityEnhanced Yield Investment is a structured deposit product with 100% capital protected at maturity.
- Changeable minimum coupon rateSet your preferred minimum coupon rate for RMB and foreign currency EYI. If the trigger-out event does not occur, you’ll receive the minimum coupon.
No early redemption is allowed for this structured deposit product.
Structured deposit is not equal to normal deposit. Please be aware of the risks associated with the product and make prudent investment decisions.
HSBC Premier customers
HSBC Advance customers
Please dial the country code of mainland China +86 if you are calling from overseas, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, or Taiwan
Leave your contact details with us and we’ll be in touch in 1-2 business days
From 7 Aug 2023 – 25 Sep 2023, HSBC made below changes on Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product
1. We only offer below Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product
Minimum Investment Amount：USD 100,000
Underlying Currency Pair：USD must be either the base currency or the quoted currency of the underlying currency pair.
You can choose either Call or Put on the Underlying Currency Pair, the preferred Trigger-Out Rate on the Trade Date and minimum coupon based on prevailing currency market conditions and your views on the currency market
Investor satisfies all the following conditions:
（1）the investor’s risk tolerance level is “Cautious” or above;
（2）the investor has the relevant knowledge and/or experience of structured investment product;
（3）the investor agrees to take related terms and investment risks of this investment product； and
（4）the investor should be HSBC Elite/GPB or customers who meets some terms and conditions*
2. Other types of Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product are not available
*Please contact your relationship manager on the terms and conditions of purchase.
Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product - Product Risk Level: 1 (Low)
An Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product is likely to be suitable for investor who satisfies all the following conditions:
- the investor’s risk tolerance level is “Cautious” or above;
- the investor has the relevant knowledge and/or experience of structured investment product; and
- the investor agrees to take related terms and investment risks of this investment product.
How the product works
- You can choose the suitable investment tenor within the range of 1 month to 1 year.
- Choose an investment currency which can be RMB, USD, HKD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, SGD, CHF, and NZD.
- Choose an underlying currency pair. If RMB is your investment currency, then the base currency and the quoted currency of your underlying currency pair should both be foreign currencies. If you choose foreign currency to make investments, then the foreign currency must be either the base currency or the quoted currency of the underlying currency pair.
- Setting minimum coupon rate is optional.
- You can choose either Call or Put on the Underlying Currency Pair and the preferred Trigger-Out Rate on the Trade Date based on prevailing currency market conditions and your views on the currency market
- You are entitled to a cooling-off period for transaction of this product. It begins with your submission of subscription application and expire at 16:00 pm Beijing time on the next working day. Within the cooling-off Period, you can withdraw the subscription application.
The bank observes the market rate at Fixing Time on Fixing Date (i.e. the Fixing Rate):
- The principal and potential coupon will be paid in the Investment Currency at maturity, if the Trigger-out Event occurs
- If the trigger-out event does not occur, you’ll receive the principal and minimum coupon (if you have chosen a minimum coupon rate) or the principal (if you haven't chosen any minimum coupon rate applicable) in your investment currency at maturity.
We will provide you the following on product and trade information.
- Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product Confirmation Advice and product launch notice: Confirmation advice and product launch notice is provided by the Bank after this product is traded successfully. The content includes Trade Date, Fixing Date, Maturity Date, Investment Amount, Investment Currency, Linked Currency, Potential Coupon Rate, Trigger-out Rate, Minimum Coupon Rate(if applicable), and Account Information etc.
- Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product Maturity Advice: Maturity Advice is provided by the bank after the produc is matured, the advice includes account information, fixing rate, maturity amount etc.
- Composite Statement: Composite Statement is regularly provided on online banking (provided that the customer has registered the same) or by mail according to your request. The content includes Sturctured Deposit account information, investment amount, trade date, maturity date, etc.
- Material Event Report and Adhoc Information Disclosure: Apart from the above documents, Material Event Report , and Adhoc Information Disclosure are provided through the Bank’s official website and Mobile Banking.
You may also contact your Relationship Manager or call our wealth management hotlines for any inquiry.
We reserve the right to add, delete or modify the above information disclosure document(s) and/or related disclosure channels and manners from time to time.
||Product Risk Level|
|HSBC(China)||Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product
||Structured deposit product
||CNY,USD, HKD, AUD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, NZD, and SGD (quotation for some currency might not be available due to market reason)
||ranging from one month to one year
Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product
Structured deposit product
CNY,USD, HKD, AUD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, NZD, and SGD (quotation for some currency might not be available due to market reason)
ranging from one month to one year
|Product Risk Level||1(Low)|
It depends on the stipulation of the product contract.
A Dual Currency Investment is a structured deposit product. By linking to the performance of foreign exchange rates, it offers the opportunities to earn a potential return, as well as meet your foreign currency investment needs. This structured deposit product is a non-capital protected investment product with floating returns.
We offer range of services to meet your foreign exchange needs in a faster and more convenient way.
HSBC Structured Deposits are usually linked to financial assets such as equities, indices, foreign exchange rates or securities. The potential return of structured deposit products is determined by the performance of the linked financial assets, product portofolio and detailed terms and conditions. Please note that the potential return of the Structured deposit is not a 100% reflecton of the actual performance of the underlying assets.
Product selection is designed to meet your investment goals and risk appetite, providing you with opportunities to earn potential returns and enhance your wealth potential.
An Overseas Investment Plan lets you invest in a diversified selection of funds and bonds, managed by a team of leading fund managers. We help domestic investors take advantage of global market opportunities, allowing you to diversify your risks and expand your global asset allocation.
In today’s fast-paced financial world, the only way to stay ahead is to be on top of current market events. Tap into our unique market insights and investment analysis to stay informed about the latest trends and regional news with just a few clicks.
How to invest
Find your nearest branch
Visit any of our HSBC branches with your valid ID card to register for this service.
Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4:00pm (some branches may provide limited weekend service)
Frequently asked questions
What are Structured Investment Products?
What are the potential risks of Foreign Currency Investment Products?
Risk Disclosure and Disclaimer
There is no contractual value in this page and the information above is not and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or a solicitation for an offer to buy any financial product, and should not be considered as investment advice.
The above information is only a brief introduction of the product(s). If you are interested to know more about this product, please contact the Bank and carefully read the product description pack. In the event of any discrepancy, the terms and conditions associated with each product shall prevail.
In the worst scenario, you will have no return for the entire tenor.
Structured Deposit Product is not normal deposit, but rather is a product which involves investment risks. You should act prudently in making the investment decision.
- Return and Principal Risk: Unlike normal deposit, Enhanced Yield Investment is a product with investment risks. Your return may float and you may even receive zero return for the whole investment tenor.
- No Early Redemption by Investors: You are not allowed to redeem all or part of the Enhanced Yield Investment prior to maturity (inclusive). Please ensure you have made adequate provision for emergency cash needs.
- Foreign Exchange Risk: If the investment currency is not your base currency, and you choose to convert your base currency into the investment currency, or/and you need to convert the investment amount and potential returns(if any) into your base currency at maturity, your investment result could be affected negatively or positively due to exchange fluctuations.
For further risk information please refer to Product Subscription Pack.