Enhanced Yield Investment is a structured deposit product with floating returns. By linking to the performance of foreign exchange rates, this offers the potential to earn a higher return, as well as meet your foreign currency investment needs. This product is 100% capital protected at maturity.
The product is launched by HSBC Bank (China).
- Flexible investment tenors
Choose a suitable investment tenor from one to 12 months, whichever suits your needs best.
- Wide selection of currenciesYou can choose one investment currency and one linked currency. Participating currencies include USD, HKD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, NZD, and SGD.
- 100% principal protected at maturityEnhanced Yield Investment is a structured deposit product with 100% capital protected at maturity.
No early redemption is allowed for this structured deposit product.
Structured deposit is not equal to normal deposit. Please be aware of the risks associated with the product and make prudent investment decisions.
HSBC Premier customers
HSBC Advance customers
Please dial the country code of mainland China +86 if you are calling from overseas, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, or Taiwan
Leave your contact details with us and we’ll be in touch in 1-2 business days
Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product - Product Risk Level: 1 (Low)
An Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product is likely to be suitable for you if satisfy the following conditions:
- the investor’s risk tolerance level is “Cautious” or above;
- the investor has the relevant knowledge and/or experience of structured investment product; and
- the investor agrees to take related terms and investment risks of this investment product.
How the product works
- Choose an investment tenor from one month to one year to meet your needs
- Choose an investment currency from USD, HKD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, SGD, CHF, and NZD
- Choose a linked FX rate. Your investment currency should be chosen from the base or target currency
- Choose either Call or Put on the Underlying Currency Pair and the preferred Trigger-Out Rate on the Trade Date based on prevailing currency market conditions and your views on the currency market
- You are entitled to a cooling-off period for transaction of this product. It begins with your submission of subscription application and expire at 16:00 pm Beijing time on the next working day. Within the cooling-off Period, you can withdraw the subscription application.
- The bank observes the market rate at Fixing Time on Fixing Date (the Fixing Rate):
- If the investment hits strike rate, you will receive 100% of your principal and investment return, paid in the investment currency at maturity
- If the investment does not hit strike rate, your will receive 100% of your principal, paid in the investment currency at maturity
We will provide you the following on product and trade information.
- Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product Confirmation Advice and product launch notice: the advice is provided when Enhanced Yield Investment subscription is confirmed, which contains all transaction information, including trade date, fixing date, maturity date, investment amount, investment currency, linked currency, coupon rate, conversion rate and account information etc.
- Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product Maturity Advice: the advice is provided when Enhanced Yield Investment is matured, which contains account information, fixing rate, maturity amount etc.
- Composite Statement: Composite Statement is regularly provided on Personal Internet Banking (provided that the customer has registered the same) or by mail according to the customer’s request. The content includes the outstanding Enhanced Yield Investment’s account information, investment amount, trade date, maturity date, etc.
- Material Event Report and Adhoc Information Disclosure: Apart from the above documents, Material Event Report , and Adhoc Information Disclosure are provided through the Bank’s official website and Mobile Banking.
Please contact your Relationship Manager or call our wealth management hotlines to keep updated with product performance.
We reserve the right to add, delete or modify the above information disclosure document(s) and/or related disclosure channels and manners from time to time.
|Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product
||Structured deposit product
||USD, HKD, AUD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, NZD, and SGD (quotation for some currency might not be available due to market reason)
||ranging from one month to one year
Enhanced Yield Investment – Structured Deposit Product
Structured deposit product
USD, HKD, AUD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, NZD, and SGD (quotation for some currency might not be available due to market reason)
ranging from one month to one year
You can also find detailed Historical product information on "China Wealth" website.
The historical fixing rate will be updated biweekly, and this information is only for a reference and does not represent recommendation from HSBC for customer to buy or sell based on the information provided. Customer should not rely on the information expressed in this document solely to make investment decisions.
It depends on the stipulation of the product contract.
A Dual Currency Investment is a structured deposit product. By linking to the performance of foreign exchange rates, it offers the opportunities to earn a potential return, as well as meet your foreign currency investment needs. This structured deposit product is a non-capital protected investment product with floating returns.
We offer range of services to meet your foreign exchange needs in a faster and more convenient way.
HSBC Structured Deposits are usually linked to financial assets such as equities, indices, foreign exchange rates or securities. The potential return of structured deposit products is determined by the performance of the linked financial assets, product portofolio and detailed terms and conditions. Please note that the potential return of the Structured deposit is not a 100% reflecton of the actual performance of the underlying assets.
Product selection is designed to meet your investment goals and risk appetite, providing you with opportunities to earn potential returns and enhance your wealth potential.
An Overseas Investment Plan lets you invest in a diversified selection of funds and bonds, managed by a team of leading fund managers. We help domestic investors take advantage of global market opportunities, allowing you to diversify your risks and expand your global asset allocation.
In today’s fast-paced financial world, the only way to stay ahead is to be on top of current market events. Tap into our unique market insights and investment analysis to stay informed about the latest trends and regional news with just a few clicks.
How to invest
Find your nearest branch
Visit any of our HSBC branches with your valid ID card to register for this service.
Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4:00pm (some branches may provide limited weekend service)
Frequently asked questions
What are Structured Investment Products?
What are the potential risks of Foreign Currency Investment Products?
Risk Disclosure and Disclaimer
There is no contractual value in this page and the information above is not and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or a solicitation for an offer to buy any financial product, and should not be considered as investment advice.
The above information is only a brief introduction of the product(s). If you are interested to know more about this product, please contact the Bank and carefully read the product description pack. In the event of any discrepancy, the terms and conditions associated with each product shall prevail.
In the worst scenario, you will have no return for the entire tenor.
Structured Deposit Product is not normal deposit, but rather is a product which involves investment risks. You should act prudently in making the investment decision.
- Return and Principal Risk: Unlike normal deposit, Enhanced Yield Investment is a product with investment risks. Your return may float and you may even receive zero return for the whole investment tenor.
- No Early Redemption by Investors: You are not allowed to redeem all or part of the Enhanced Yield Investment prior to maturity (inclusive). Please ensure you have made adequate provision for emergency cash needs.
- Foreign Exchange Risk: If the investment currency is not your base currency, and you choose to convert your base currency into the investment currency, or/and you need to convert the investment amount and returns(if any) into your base currency at maturity, your investment result could be affected negatively or positively due to exchange fluctuations.
For further risk information please refer to Product Subscription Pack.