This product is issued and managed by AXA Tianping Property & Casualty Insurance Co., Ltd. HSBC, as the third-party distribution agency, assumes no responsibility for investment returns, payments or risk management of the product.
Comprehensive travel protection, covering- accidents, sickness, belongings and travel inconvenience.
- Compliant with Schengen Visa requirements, no limits on travel destination
- 24-hour worldwide emergency travel assistance and medical service
- Full coverage on injuries caused by terrorism
- Covers amateur sports and activities
- Special coverage for laptop and mobile phone
- Full policy claims without deductibles
Summary of cover
- Personal accident and medical protection: including accidental death, burns, disability suffered and reimbursement of medical expenses incurred
- 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance service: including emergency personal mobile phone charges and medical evacuation and repatriation
- Personal Effects Coverage: Including loss of baggage and personal belongings loss of money and travel documents and loss of credit card(s)
- Travel inconvenience: including travel delays, baggage delays and travel cancellation
- Personal liability: including legal expenses and compensation for bodily injury or property damage to a third party due to an accident.
- Optional coverage: could include sports equipment, car rental excess
More help when you need it.
When the unexpected happens, this policy can offer you more support with additional benefits.
Flexible combination of short-term/annual/family plans meeting your diverse needs in the most economic way.
- During war, military operations, insurrection or military uprisings; war or relevant operations (whether war be declared or not), act of terrorism, invasion, hostilities, acts of foreign enemy, civil war, strike, civil disobedience, rebellion, revolution, civil uprising, military or usurped power.
- Any explosion, burns, contamination or radiation caused by any biological, chemical or atomic weapon, atomic or nuclear device.
- Injury intentionally caused by the policy holder or beneficiary, or self-inflicted injury or committing suicide by the Insured Person no matter if he/she is in a normal mental status.
Learn more about our Terms and Agreements from below Policy Contract.
- The total benefit payable is subject to the maximum limit as stated in the policy schedule;
- Insurable age: 1-64 years old;
- This policy shall not exceed the "accidental death, burns and disability" benefit limit for a person under 18 years old (RMB100,000), as specified by China Insurance Regulatory Commission and "Public Transport Accident Insurance" benefit is not available for the insured persons under 18 years old;
- The maximum length of each insured trip is 182 days in case the protection plan is valid for one year;
- This policy covers travel outside mainland China including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
Ms Cui and her friends bought 10 days coverage through the Smart Elite Crown Plan with a RMB320 premium (policy number T3101****), before they travelled to Germany.
On March 5, 2016, Ms Cui was robbed in the Berlin airport. She lost her travel documents, personal belongings and some cash. The loss was reported with a total value of RMB11,500. The insurance company paid her the full payment of this claim.
Mr. Pan went to Thailand and had purchased a Smart Elite Diamond Plan which consisted of 7 days coverage, and a premium of RMB198 (policy number IT3101****)
On December 3, 2015, Mr. Pan’s tourist bus was in an accident and several people were severely injured, including Mr. Pan. He received over RMB50,000 towards medical expenses. AXA insurance company eventually balance the accident to all claims.
The claim for this accident has been fully covered by AXA insurance company.
Information on the insurance company
Profile of the insurance company
- AXATP was established by the merger of Tian Ping Auto Insurance Company Limited, the first company in China to specialise in auto-insurance, and the wholly-owned China subsidiary of the largest global insurance group.
- The headquarters of AXATP is located in Shanghai’s Lu Jia Zui financial district with a registered capital of RMB846 million.
Contact information of the insurance company
Frequently asked questions
What is insurance and how is it important to me?
What are the different types of life insurance?
What are the major risks in insurance products?
Is there a minimum premium payment period? Can I ask for an early surrender?
Will my insurance cover terminate immediately if I miss a premium payment?
- The above information is for reference only, does not and should not be deemed as an offer, solicitation, advice, endorsement or recommendation to purchase all or part of the above products, services or security. If you plan to make any purchase of the above products, please ask the Bank for relevant information covering all the rights and obligations. Please pay attention to important regulations regarding excluded liabilities, fees charged from insurance withdrawals, cash values or cooling-off period. All the information relating to the products, the rights and obligations, shall be subject to the product documents.
- The above information is provided by relevant insurance companies. HSBC China (or the Bank) has not participate in the preparation of the above information. Whilst every care has been taken in preparing the information above, the bank makes no guarantee, representation, warranty or assurance as to the accuracy, completeness and/or integrity of the above information.
- All the insurance products mentioned on this site are designated, issued and managed by the relevant insurance companies. The Bank, as an insurance agent for the distribution of the relevant insurance products, does not assume any responsibility for the underwriting, policy cancellation, claims, investments, settlements, payments and/or risk management.
- If there are any discrepancies between the Chinese and English versions on this website, the information contained in the Chinese version will prevail.