What is a Security Device?
A Security Device is a small and portable electronic device about the size of half of a credit card. You'll need it to generate a one-time Security Code or Transaction Data Signing code when you log on to or make transactions via HSBC China's digital channels (Online Banking, Mobile Banking and WeChat Service Account).
To activate your Security Device, you'll need to set up a 6-digit PIN first, which will be used to start the device and protect it from potential security threats.
Get started with your Security Device
- How do I get a Security Device?
- How do I activate my new Security Device?
- Using your Security Device
- Forgotten your Security Device PIN?
- If you're registering for online banking for the first time, using a desktop computer, we recommend that you apply for a Security Device during the registration process. In general, if the mailing address you've registered with us is in mainland China, your Security Device will be delivered to you within 3 working days. If you've registered an address outside of mainland China, delivery may take more than 3 working days. Please note that there might be a delay in delivering Security Devices to addresses outside of mainland China, due to recent international express security inspection process. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
- If you prefer to use the HSBC China Mobile Banking app or our WeChat Service Account to register for online banking, you can call our customer service hotline on 95366 to get one.