Online Banking / Mobile Banking / WeChat Service Account
Online banking and Security Device
How can I register for HSBC Online Banking in just 3 steps?
1. Read and acknowledge the terms and conditions
Go to the registration page and read the terms and conditions. Select 'Confirm' to accept the terms and conditions. You'll also be signed up for our eStatements and eAdvice service automatically, which will make it easy for you to manage both your self-named and joint accounts online in just one place. If you prefer to receive paper statements and advice by post instead, call us on 95366 after you've finished your registration.
2. Verify your identity
If you already hold an HSBC China bank account, you can use your debit card number or phone banking number to activate online banking easily.
3. Set up your profile
To set up your online banking profile, you'll need to create a username and a password. You'll also need to set security questions and memorable answers. These will help us verify your identity if you need to reset your log on credentials.
Username: The name you use to log on to online banking. Your username should be unique and different from the usernames you use on other websites. It should be 5-15 characters long, and you can use a combination of numbers (0-9), upper and lower case letters (A-Z, a-z), and special characters such as (@), underscore (_), hyphen (-), apostrophe (') and period (.). Other special characters will not be accepted.
Password: The secret word, phrase or code you use to log on to online banking. It should be 8-30 characters long, and must contain both numbers (0-9) and letters (A-Z, a-z). You may also include special characters such as (@), underscore (_), hyphen (-), apostrophe (') and period (.). Other special characters will not be accepted. To protect your account and personal information, do not use the same password you use for account transactions or other online accounts. Avoid passwords that are easy to guess, such as sequential or identical letters / numbers, 'qwerty' or other common words and phrases. You should also avoid using personal information to set your log on credentials as such information can be easily retrieved from software and websites you use frequently (such as social media platforms and forums). If you do forget your password, you can reset it online.
Security questions / memorable answers
I've received my Security Device. How do I activate, open and use it?
My Security Device has been lost, stolen or the battery is low. What should I do?
Please call our customer service hotline on 95366. We'll send the new Security Device to you by registered mail (domestic) or airmail (overseas) within 3 working days. If your receiving address is neither your current mailing address nor your current residential address, you can select 'Send us a message' via online banking to let us know your new address with the help of our customer service agents.
How do I download the HSBC Mobile Banking app on my iOS or Andriod devices?
1) Scan QR code to download HSBC China Mobile Banking APP.
2) iOS users can also download the app from the App Store (search for either “汇丰银行” or "HSBC China" based on your system language). Android users can download it from the Baidu App Store, HUAWAI AppGallery, Xiaomi Market, Tencent Appstore or Google Play.
3) You can also follow the HSBC China WeChat Service Account and click on "My HSBC", followed by "Contact HSBC" and finally select the "Download the Mobile Banking" option for more information.
How do I enable Face ID / Touch ID to access mobile banking?
If your phone supports using facial recognition, you can select Face ID when logging on to mobile banking. Follow the on-screen instructions, accept the terms and conditions, and verify with your biometrics. Once completed, you'll be able to use Face ID to log on to the HSBC China Mobile Banking app.
If you're using a phone that supports fingerprint recognition, you can select Touch ID when logging on to mobile banking. Then follow the same steps as above to enable Touch ID login.
What devices can I use the HSBC China Mobile Banking app on?
The app is available for iOS and Andriod devices in the following versions:
iOS 13 or later
Android 7 or later
Will I be able to use this app on my tablet?
Yes, you can. But we recommend you use it on your mobile phone for a smoother banking experience.
Is the HSBC Mobile Banking app secure?
HSBC Online Banking provides a high level of security whether you log on using a desktop computer or a mobile device. However, it is always your responsibility to take all reasonable precautions to prevent the fraudulent use of your security information.
How do I deregister my mobile banking account?
To deregister your mobile banking account, please log on to the HSBC China Mobile Banking app. Select the earphone icon in the top-right corner of the home screen. Next, select '11.电子银行账户注销申请' to submit your request.
Note: Once you've deregistered your account, you won't be able to log on to the HSBC China Mobile Banking app, HSBC Online Banking and HSBC WeChat Mini Programs.
WeChat Service Account
How to bind WeChat service account?
1) After following the HSBC China WeChat Service Account, you can either input 'Binding' or click on options on 3x5 menu under "personal banking" section and tap on the binding account section.
2) Read the Terms & Conditions, then select 'Accept'.
3) Enter the required information, including your name, identity document type and its number (case sensitive), account type (Debit Card / Credit Card / Account number), and the mobile number you've left with us, then select 'Continue'.
4) Enter the 6-digit SMS verification code and tap on the 'Confirm' button.
5) When the screen shows 'Binding successful', select 'Confirm' to complete the process.