Transfer and remittance
1. RMB Local Payment to banks within Mainland China
2. RMB Hong Kong Macao account remittance
3. Foreign exchange
4. Foreign Exchange Settlement and Purchase for Individuals
5. Telegraphic Transfer for outward remittance
6. How do I adjust the online banking daily transfer limits for transactions to third-party accounts?
7. Income Declaration Tool
8. What remittance services are available at HSBC China?
9. Can I withdraw cash from my Foreign Currency Exchange Accounts?
10. How much is the service charge for remittances? How is it charged?
11. Can I transfer foreign currencies in China?
12. How do I link up my accounts in different countries/territories via Personal Internet Banking?
13. What is Global View? Can I access my accounts anywhere in the world through this service?
14. Global Transfer
1) Log on the Personal Internet Banking and go to 'Add/Remove a country or territory' in the 'My Banking' section.
2) Choose a country/ territory.
3) Log on to Personal Internet Banking for your chosen country / territory.
Add Global View
Open FCY Sub - account
Global Transfer process
Other Transfer Service
15. When can I access Global Transfer?
16. How can I use HSBC Global Transfer?
17. Can I make same-currency and cross-currency transfers via Global Transfer?
18. Can I schedule immediate, future-dated and recurring transfers via Global Transfer?
19. I'm an existing Global Transfer customer in other countries/territories. Does HSBC China’s site look exactly the same as those sites?
20. Can I review my Global Transfer transaction history?
21. What do I do if I have problems linking up my HSBC accounts via Personal Internet Banking or when using Global Transfer?
HSBC International Education Payment
1. Which customers are eligible to use the HSBC International Education Payment System?
2. What are the operating hours of the HSBC International Education Payment System?
3. How are service fees charged?
4. If my payment cut-off date is tomorrow and I make a transfer through the HSBC International Education Payment System today, will my fund transfer arrive at the educational institution by tomorrow?
5. Which schools accept payments through the HSBC International Education Payment System?
6. How do I use the HSBC International Education Payment System?
7. What exchange rates does the HSBC International Education Payment System offer?
8. What are reference exchange rates and real-time exchange rates?
9. How is the annual FX quota of different currencies calculated?
10. How do I confirm if my payment was successful and the school has received my payment?
11. What does the payment status in my payment record mean?
12. Why was my payment returned to my account?
13. If I need to pay tuition fees for the same student in the same school, do I have to fill in the school’s information all over again each time?
14. Do I have to repeatedly fill in the payment details each time I pay via the HSBC International Education Payment System?
15. Why can’t I find the payee’s record I need?
1. How can I check the latest interest rates?
2. What are the differences in opening an Overseas Renminbi Savings Account, Overseas Renminbi Settlement Account and normal Renminbi Settlement Account?
3. What are the differences between an Overseas Renminbi Savings Account, Overseas Renminbi Settlement Account and a normal Renminbi Settlement Account?
4. Can I withdraw my money before my Time Deposit matures?
5. How can I check my balance or other information of my HSBC (China) account?
6. What is the minimum deposit amount of Personal Large-Denomination Certificates of Deposit?
7. Is Renminbi the only accepted currency for the subscription of Personal Large-Denomination Certificates of Deposit?
8. Does HSBC provide cross-branch services?
Foreign currency deposits
1. What foreign currency services does HSBC provide?
2. Is there any charge for cash deposit or withdrawal of foreign currencies?
3. How can I fund my HSBC Foreign Currency Accounts?
1. How can I apply for a Frozen Deposit Certificate?
2. How can I apply for an Overseas Travel Deposit Certificate?
3. Can I release my bank account before the expiration of the freezing period of a frozen deposit?
These FAQs are intended to provide an overview of the information on issues related to financial products or services, or regulatory requirements faced when undertaking financial activity in mainland China. Due to the diversity and complexity of financial products/services and local regulatory environment, these FAQs can only provide an outline of the issues. The information is provided for your reference only, and shall not be construed as legal, financial or any other professional advice. HSBC makes no guarantee, representation or warranty and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy updatedness and/or completeness of the information.