Enhanced Yield Investments for small businesses
Are you a cautious investor who doesn't mind some fluctuations in the value of your investment returns, but still wants to protect your capital investment? Then you can consider our Enhanced Yield Investment (EYI) product, which is linked to the performance of foreign exchange rates. This product is 100% capital protected at maturity.
- Flexible investment period
- Wide selection of currencies
- Investors will receive 100% principal amount invested at maturity
- Flexible investment periodFrom a month to a year, you can decide on an investment period that best suits you. Products are available year-round, but trading must be done on a business day in mainland China and the currency issuing country.
- Your choice of currency and trigger out rateSelect a base investment currency, link it to a foreign currency and determine your preferred trigger out rate on the day of trading. We'll then handle the rest. Participating currencies include: USD, HKD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, NZD and SGD.
- 100% capital protection at maturityEnhanced Yield Investment is a structured product that gives you 100% capital protection at maturity.
This product will suit you, if:
- your risk tolerance is cautious or above and you don't want to take a major risk but still want to capture the opportunities from the currency market to generate interest and increase potential returns;
- you have some knowledge of and experience with structured investments, and
- you agree with the terms and conditions of this product and can afford the relevant investment risks.
How it works
- Decide how long you want to invest your money.
- Choose a base currency from our participating list of currencies: USD, HKD, AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, SGD, CHF and NZD.
- From the same list, customer can choose the Underlying Currency Pair. The investment currency must be either the Base Currency or the Quoted Currency of the Underlying Currency Pair.
- Customer can choose either Call or Put on the Underlying Currency Pair and the preferred Trigger-out Rate on the Trade Date based on prevailing currency market conditions and Customer’s views on the currency market.
- Determine your fixing rate.
The Bank observes the market rate at Fixing Time on Fixing Date (i.e. the Fixing Rate) :
- The principal and coupon will be paid in the Investment Currency at maturity, if the Trigger-out Event occurs;
- Only the 100% principal will be paid in the Investment Currency at maturity if the Trigger-out Event does not occur.
Dual Currency Investment for small businesses
Dual Currency Investment (DCI) is a short-term investment product that gives you the opportunity to potentially gain higher returns on your investment in currency markets by linking the performance of currency pairs. This product is a non-capital-protected structured investment.
Structured products for small businesses
Capture global investment opportunities with our structured products, which are designed to minimise risk and optimise your returns. We help you take charge of your finances by providing you with diversified options, improved returns and stable risk profiles.